Blue Spruces Cottages Policies
At Blue Spruces we do our best to communicate our expectations as well as ensuring your expectations are met. Some visit us with expectations of our cottages being like a top international resort. Please keep in mind that Blue Spruces are cottages and not a hotel. Here are our standard policies that we ask all guests to become accustomed to so we are all on the same page...
Thank you, The Blue Spruces Management.
• Reservations: Due to our high volume of returning guests, they are entitled to priority booking for the following season. All other availability is on a First-Come-First-Served basis. The only exemption to this rule is to those block booking for purposes of wedding parties, family reunions, etc. as we appreciate the time required to organize such events. As Blue Spruces is predominately booked before the calendar year-end for the following season, we strongly recommend making your reservation as early as possible.
• Stay Duration: Blue Spruces Cottages has a minimum 3-night stay policy. Should guests choose to alter their plans and wish to leave before the 3 nights have ended, no refunds are given.
• Check-in Period: Our standard check-in time is from 3 pm on the date of your scheduled arrival. The check-in period lasts for the 24 hours leading up to the next check-in date.
• Payments: We request a 30% pre-tax non-refundable deposit within 30 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. The balance is due upon arrival. We do typically request credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD) information at the time of reservation. Balance can be paid by credit/debit card or cash. We DO NOT accept cheques. Please note that deposits for block-bookings (6 plus cottages) are required 60 days prior to your scheduled arrival date.
• General Cancellations: You may cancel free of charge up to 30 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. No refunds are provided if cancellation is within 30 days of your scheduled arrival date and your credit card has already been processed. Please note that block-bookings (6 plus cottages) may cancel free of charge up to 60 days prior to your scheduled arrival date.
• Last-Minute Cancellations & No Shows: As you can appreciate, last-minute cancellations and "No Shows" typically translate into lost opportunities for other guests. By providing advanced notice of cancellation, there is a greater chance for the cottages to be re-booked. As a result, the following policy applies:
Late cancellations (outside of 48 hours of scheduled arrival) will result in no additional charges other than loss of the 30% deposit.
Last-minute cancellations (within 48 hours of scheduled arrival) will result in your credit card being charged 50% of the total booking cost.
No Shows will result in you being charged the FULL booking cost. You shall also be blacklisted from booking again! Any future attempts to reserve will result in cancellation.
• Shortening of Stay Duration: If advanced notice outside of 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date is given, then reservations can be modified, but not to less than 3-nights. If a reduction of nights is requested within the 48 hours of your scheduled arrival date, then you are obligated to pay 50% of the nightly rate inclusive of HST. Should you choose to shorten your stay for any reason during your occupied time at Blue Spruces, there are no refunds provided and full payment is required.
• Selling Your Reservation: The selling of your reservation is strictly forbidden. All reservations are non-transferable. Additional names may be added but the person who reserved the cottage must be present at the time of check-in. Identity must be shown of the name placed on the reservation.
• Keys: A $25 charge is assessed for non-returned keys.
• Smoking/Drugs: We have a strict NO SMOKING/DRUG use policy of ANY nature within our cottages. Any guest found in violation of this policy will be asked to cease immediately. This is inclusive of Chewing tobacco. Any guest found in violation of this policy will be fined $1,000. Guests are permitted to smoke outside of the cottages but asked to be mindful and respectful towards others, especially children. We also request that all cigarette/cigar butts are picked up and disposed of appropriately. Please note that this policy also applies to the use of Cannabis. As we are family and pet-friendly, the use of Cannabis is strictly forbidden anywhere on the property. Absolutely NO smoking is permitted within the children's play area.
• Pets: We gladly welcome pets! For safety reasons, we ask that dogs are kept on secure leashes to prevent any unwanted encounters with other guests and animals. We ask that pets are kept off the furniture out of respect for cleaning and future guests. Should it be discovered that upon departure pets have been allowed on the furniture inclusive of beds and couches, a minimum $50 fee will be charged to the credit card on file. Also, if your dog poops we insist that you scoop!
• Waste and Recycling: We do our very best to reuse and recycle as much as possible. All cottages are provided with garbage and recycling bags. Instructions regarding disposing of these bags during your stay are found in your welcome packages. We ask guests to please dispose of all their garbage using the garbage bins at the rear of the property at the end of their stay.
• Fire Pits: Fire Pits are available to all guests based upon availability. No reservation required.
• Fireworks: Under PEI law, private fireworks are illegal without obtaining a permit through the Fire Marshal's office.
• Damages and Losses:
We understand that accidents do happen! However, guests are responsible for paying any related costs for damages/losses to the property and/or inventory items. We apologize for having to enforce this policy but have been forced to do so after far too many things being broken or gone missing without disclosure. We offer our guests the opportunity to disclose such damages/losses and leave a note behind with funds to cover these costs. Should any damage or loss be identified after check-out without disclosure, a minimum $25 fee will apply. Should the damage/loss be greater than $25, your credit card will be charged the applicable amount.
• Personal Belongings: Guests are responsible for the safety of their belongings during their stay. Blue Spruces Cottages is not responsible for loss and damage of money or valuables of any kind.
• Injury: Parents/Guardians are responsible at all times for the supervision of their children and their guests. Blue Spruces Cottages is not responsible for accidents or injury to guests. Guests and visitors understand and agree that the use of the playground or any of our facilities is at their own risk.
• Cleanliness: When guests arrive, cottages are clean and tidy. Guests are responsible for keeping their cottages clean for the duration of their stay. When leaving we ask that guests please leave the cottages in the same clean and tidy condition as when they were found. This includes cleaning and putting away the dishes, and also ensuring all trash is disposed of in the garbage bins located at the rear of the property. Should any cottage be left in an unclean state, an additional $150+hst cleaning charge will apply.
• Cottage Access: The only time a staff member of Blue Spruces will enter a cottage during a stay is upon invitation or in case of an emergency. Should a heavy rainstorm pass over when guests are out, a staff member may also enter to close up any windows left open. This is done so to reduce the chances of damage to our property.
• Linen and Towels: Your beds are made up with fresh linen for the start of your stay. We also provide fresh hand, face, and bath towels. Toilet paper, kitchen towel, dishcloths, and a tea towel are also provided. We DO NOT provide daily housekeeping inclusive of cleaning and fresh linen/towels. Should you be staying with us for more than 4 nights and require fresh towels during your stay, we would be happy to provide you with a fresh replacement. Please note this is NOT a daily service. Simply drop by the main office. Should you require replenishment of toilet paper or kitchen towel, that is also available at the main office.
• Check-out: Standard check-out time is now 10 am (effective 2020) as we require time to prepare the cottages for incoming guests. Guests are required to leave the cottages in a clean and tidy condition as found at check-in. This includes disposing of garbage, compost, and recycling in the bins located at the rear of the property. Keys can be handed in at the office during open hours or left in the silver box located on the front of the office. Guests are NOT to leave keys in the cottage and depart without notification. Any damages must be reported and will be assessed for applicable charges. Any damages and items found to be missing from the cottage after check-out shall be charged to the credit card on file.
• Late Departures: Unless previously arranged with management, all guests are expected to vacate by the latest 10 am on the day of their scheduled departure. Guests that fail to depart on time may be subject to charges, as late departures put Blue Spruces at risk of not having cottages ready for incoming guests. Guests could be charged $50 for each one-half hour of late departure.
• Maximum Occupancy: Our cottages have a maximum birth based upon available space, beds, cot-beds, and pull-out couches. Should ANY guests violate the maximum birth of a cottage without prior permission from the management of Blue Spruce's, they will be fined $250 per person, per night that the violation exists. Maximum birth numbers are located on our respective cottage description pages.
• Refusal of Service: This property is privately owned. We strive to provide guests with the best vacation memories. We reserve the right to ask guests to leave the property without refund, should their actions towards staff, other guests or the property be deemed continuously disrespectful or of a dangerous or threatening nature.